Academic Quality Manual
HKUST aims to provide an excellent student learning experience at all levels. The quality of the University’s programs is underpinned by systems that enable all members of the University community to play a role. The Academic Quality Manual provides a comprehensive guide to the quality assurance framework that assures and enhances the quality of educational provision at HKUST and maintains the international comparability of the academic standards of the University's awards.
Six key principles characterize the University's approach to quality assurance:
- The establishment of agreed, explicit, learning objectives for educational programs;
- Pro-active evaluation of success in achieving learning objectives, and the use of evidence derived from these evaluations, including feedback from students and others, to improve performance;
- The clear assignment of roles and responsibilities within a comprehensive framework of policies and processes for the development and improvement of educational programs;
- A commitment to encouraging, supporting and rewarding excellence in the design and delivery of educational programs;
- The provision of adequate resources for the delivery of high quality education;
- Timely review of processes and policies for quality assurance to assure their continuing effectiveness.