Program Registration
Program Status

Withdrawal from Program (UG)


Students who wish to withdraw from the University should complete a Notification of Withdrawal of Study (Form RR-12). All outstanding matters such as loans of equipment and books, payment of fines and outstanding charges should be settled with departments/offices concerned. They should also return their HKUST Cards to the Academic Registry for cancellation.

Students who have completed the formal procedures for withdrawal will be entitled to receive a refund of caution money and a free copy of the transcript of studies.

According to the Immigration Policy on Study in Hong Kong (FAQ: Q19), non-local students holding a student visa must leave Hong Kong within 4 weeks from the date of termination of the study. It is an immigration offence for breach of condition of stay if you fail to leave Hong Kong within the prescribed time.