Research Postgraduate Students
The roles and responsibilities of research postgraduate students are set out in the Handbook for Research Postgraduate Studies, which is produced by the HKUST Fok Ying Yung Graduate School (FYTGS) to help students of research postgraduate programs understand the policies and procedural matters related to various aspects of their studies. For any questions, comments or suggestions on the Handbook, please contact the FYTGS.
The Handbook provides much useful information that will allow research postgraduate students to maximize their learning experience and studies at the University including, inter alia, the followings:
- Scholarships, Awards, and Financial Assistance
- Curriculum Requirements
- Course Grading
- Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
- Progression and Academic Standing
- Policies and Practices Governing Research Activities
- Professional Training and Development
- Guidelines on Thesis Research
Research Postgraduate Students also play a role in assuring the quality of their programs by providing their feedback. Details of how students can engage in quality assurance can be found in the section on Student Feedback and the Student Voice.