Penalties for Cheating
A Head of Department/Division may impose:
- A verbal or written reprimand
- A make-up assignment or test/examination
- A requirement to resubmit work contributing to an award
- A reduced grade for a component of the course assessment or a reduced grade for the course, including a failed grade
- Require the student to undertake a period of mentoring or instruction to enhance the student’s ability to make better ethical choices.
Where the Head has taken action as above but believes the best interests of the University will be served, or where there has been a previous act of academic misconduct, the case may be referred to the Dean of the School/AIS Dean for review.
The Dean/AIS Dean can impose additional sanctions and may refer the case to the Provost.
Where the Provost believes the best interests of the University will be served, the case may be referred t the Student Disciplinary Committee.
See the Regulations for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity for the full range of penalties for cheating.